Microsoft is expected to reveal its dual-screen Surface device at its press event tomorrow. This dual-screen Surface device will not be running regular Windows 10 OS, instead it will be running a new OS called Windows 10X. According to @evleaks, the new Windows 10X OS is designed for dual-screen and foldable devices. Even though Windows 10X is designed for new kind of devices, it would be able to run classic Windows desktop applications in containers.
Early this year, Microsoft shared the the following as its vision for a modern OS. We really hope Windows 10X will feature all of the below characteristics.
- Seamless updates: With a modern OS updates are invisibly done in the background; the update experience is deterministic, reliable, and instant with no interruptions!
- Secure by default: The state is separated from the operating system; compute is separated from applications; this protects the user from malicious attacks throughout the device lifecycle.
- Always connected: With a modern OS Wifi, LTE 5G will just work – and users never have to worry about a deadspot. All of a users devices are aware and connected to each other.
- Sustained performance: From the moment a user picks up their device – everything is ready to go – without having to worry about the next time the PC needs to be charged. These enablers will satisfy customer’s basic needs, but to truly differentiate we must also delight them.
- Cloud-connected: Experiences that use the compute power of the cloud to enhance users experiences on their devices. These experiences are powered by AI, so a modern OS is aware of what a user is doing tomorrow and helps them get it done, and it enhances applications making them more intelligent.
- Multi-sense: People can use pen, voice, touch, even gaze – what ever input method a user wants to use works just as well as the keyboard and mouse.
- Form factor agility: A modern OS has the right sensor support and posture awareness to enable the breadth of innovative form factors and applications that our partner ecosystem will deliver
Along with the Windows 10X and dual-screen Surface device, Microsoft will announce several new Surface devices including the new ARM-powered Surface device. Most of them got leaked early today, you can read about them here.
To know more stay tuned to www.nerdytechnos.com . Please follow or subscribe for latest info.
upcoming OS for dual and folding screen devices is named Windows 10XYou can also Follow us on twitter @Nerdytechnos For the latest digital news.