Facebook is looking to make it a bit easier to share your current activity with friends and family.
The company is currently internally testing an auto status feature which would make posts about your location, activity and even phone battery level automatically and share that with your contacts, a feature already present as part of Instagram Threads.
The auto status feature was discovered by Jane Wong, and was also confirmed as being in testing by Facebook’s Alexandru Voica.
Facebook has been having an issue with declining status updates on their feed over the last few years, and we wonder if this automatic engagement feature is not designed to address this in part.
What do our readers think of Auto Status? Let us know below
- OnePlus CEO may have confirmed the existence of OnePlus Z
- iPhone 11 now ‘the world’s most popular smartphone’ as it surpasses iPhone XR
- Build-to-order Macs finally available in India ahead of Apple Store launches
- OnePlus 8 Pro prices skyrocket from secondhand sellers as stock issues continue
- Meet Samsung Money by SoFi, a MasterCard debit card and mobile money management experience