Back in January, we reported that Instagram was trialling support for direct messaging on its desktop site, but only for a small percentage of its users.
The change was a prerequisite to the ultimate unified messaging experience which is to come, between not only Facebook and Instagram, but also Whatsapp.
Now, Instagram has announced that the feature is available to all.
The change should benefit Windows 10 users in particular, who are dependent on the PWA which has less features than the full Instagram app. This improvement would bring the PWA much closer to parity than before.
- iPhone 12 release date, event date leaked in new report
- Google Assistant adds ‘Workday’ reminders, brings Gentle Sleep and Wake to all lights
- Microsoft has hinted that you’ll soon be able to stream Xbox games to iPhone.
- Pixel 4a 5G leaks in official renders showcasing polycarbonate design
- GSMA confirms MWC postponed until late June 2021