Microsoft’s development of their digital assistant, Cortana, has always been rather curious, with each newer version appearing to do less than the one before.
Such is once again the case with the latest version of Cortana, as delivered with the latest version of Windows 10 2004.
Version 2.2004.22762.0 of Cortana Beta appears to have lost the ability to respond to a wake word, reports Italian site HTNovo.
The highlighted text reads:
The Activation Word call is not currently available and will be included in a future update.
The update also brings a slightly wider window for Cortana.
Of course, given the pace of de-development of Cortana the next version may not have any window at all.
What do our readers think of this latest move? Let us know in the comments below.
- Microsoft Teams for iOS and Android updated with Cortana, data saver mode and more
- Youtube blocks iOS 14’s PiP mode for non-Premium users
- Windows 10’s new Meet Now feature could be a Zoom killer
- Google’s Android TV-powered Chromecast shown off in new images w/ revised remote layout
- Trump bans WeChat and TikTok apps to safeguard the national security of the United States