Microsoft’s development of their digital assistant, Cortana, has always been rather curious, with each newer version appearing to do less than the one before.
Such is once again the case with the latest version of Cortana, as delivered with the latest version of Windows 10 2004.
Version 2.2004.22762.0 of Cortana Beta appears to have lost the ability to respond to a wake word, reports Italian site HTNovo.
The highlighted text reads:
The Activation Word call is not currently available and will be included in a future update.
The update also brings a slightly wider window for Cortana.
Of course, given the pace of de-development of Cortana the next version may not have any window at all.
What do our readers think of this latest move? Let us know in the comments below.
- Apple launches new ‘Careers at Apple’ website
- Apple’s AirPods Max gets its first discount
- New Samsung trademarks suggest Galaxy Z Flip3 and Fold 3 owners will not need to worry about durability
- Casio announces the first G-SHOCK Smartwatch with Wear OS by Google
- Google Fi app for iPhone adding ‘Privacy Screen’ to protect voicemails with Face/Touch ID