HP today has announced three new Chromebooks for businesses, the HP Elite c1030 Chromebook Enterprise, HP Pro c640 Chromebook Enterprise, and HP Chromebook Enterprise 14 G6.
The launch demonstrates how quickly big companies are moving to target mobile products at people working from home during the coronavirus pandemic.
Chromebooks, based on Google’s Chrome operating system, are designed to make people more productive online while keeping costs low. Many businesses have been adopting cloud-centric solutions and virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) to increase security and save costs, but the recent pandemic has cast a spotlight on those who primarily work with web applications and virtual desktop tools.
In a recent survey, HP found that 60% of users working from home during quarantine are doing so with personal machines, which presents significant security risks. The average employee is also using 22 cloud-based apps to do their job, HP said.
HP Chromebook Enterprise 14 G6:
This is an entry-level Chromebook targeting frontline workers. This laptop’s keyboard can be wiped with popular household wipes to prevent germs. This device comes with up to 13.5 hours of battery life and support for HP Fast Charge capabilities and HP Privacy Camera. Users can also enjoy enhanced Wi-Fi performance with HP Extended Range Wireless LAN.
HP Elite c1030 Chromebook Enterprise:
This is the most premium device in the lineup and it comes with a stunning edge-to-edge screen (90.1% screen-to-body ratio) with optional HP Sure View Reflect and LTE connectivity. It is powered by 10th gen Intel processors and an active-cooling system for great performance. HP claims that this device will offer a battery life up to 12 hours.
- Security inside and out. The world’s first Chromebook with an integrated privacy screen, HP Sure View Reflect instantly keeps the display private with the press of a button. The integrated fingerprint sensor and built-in webcam privacy switch provide additional confidence for users and IT alike.
- Premium performance and productivity. The world’s first business Chromebook based on Intel’s Project Athena innovation program designed to deliver a new class of advanced laptops. Wi-Fi 6 with HP Extended Range Wireless LAN and optional LTE provide data access, real-time collaboration, and connection from wherever they may be working.
HP Pro c640 Chromebook Enterprise:
HP Pro c640 Chromebook Enterprise is a mid-range Chromebook with 10th gen Intel processors and 12-hours of battery life. HP claims that this is the world’s thinnest 14” Chromebook and it comes with a aluminum exterior that can pass rigorous MIL-STD testing and has a backlit keyboard that resists spills up to 350 ml of water.
- Enterprise-grade security. The HP Privacy Camera with integrated shutter helps protect from camera hacks while an optional integrated fingerprint sensor provides fast access.
- Seamless collaboration. Equipped with Wi-Fi 6 and HP’s proprietary extended range LAN, cloud users get increased networking range and performance. The 180-degree hinge lay-flat design and built-in webcam and audio allow for easy collaboration, and the integrated HDMI port removes the need for dongles.
Pricing and availability
The HP Elite c1030 Chromebook Enterprise is expected to be available in August. Pricing will be announced closer to product availability. The HP Pro c640 Chromebook Enterprise is expected to be available in June, again with pricing shared closer to product availability. The HP Chromebook Enterprise 14 G6 is currently available, starting at $399.
And the HP mt22 Mobile Thin Client is expected to be available in May, starting at $495. The HP ThinPro Go is also expected to be available in May, starting at $135.
- Microsoft launches Surface Laptop Go in India
- Samsung will mass produce the world’s first 90Hz OLED display panel for laptops this year
- Apple’s VR headset will launch with limited AR features in 2022
- Microsoft Edge web browser to get several new features this month
- ‘Save to Google Drive’ extension updated to replace Chrome’s PDF print and upload capability