WhatsApp says the COVID-19 pandemic has meant that people all over the world are turning to voice and video calling on WhatsApp more than ever before. Group calling has been particularly useful and their users have asked to connect with more people at once. To help users, recently WhatsApp increased the number of users that can participate in group audio, video calls from four to eight. In order to take on Zoom, WhatsApp will soon introduce Messenger Rooms integration. You can learn more about Messenger Rooms here.
With the upcoming WhatsApp update, users will be able to launch Messenger Rooms within any groups created inside WhatsApp. Users can also create a room from WhatsApp’s main create menu.
Full functionality of this integration is not yet revealed. I hope Facebook will deliver more seamless integration instead of just shortcuts in a couple of menus.
- iPhone 12 release date, event date leaked in new report
- Google Assistant adds ‘Workday’ reminders, brings Gentle Sleep and Wake to all lights
- Microsoft has hinted that you’ll soon be able to stream Xbox games to iPhone.
- Pixel 4a 5G leaks in official renders showcasing polycarbonate design
- GSMA confirms MWC postponed until late June 2021