Apple today introduced the new iPhone 12 lineup with several industry first features that are not available on any other Android device in the market. You can find the list of unique features of the iPhone 12 series below.
- Most 5G bands on any smartphone: iPhone 12 Pro models offer the broadest 5G coverage worldwide. You can find the supported bands below.
- 5G NR (Bands n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n25, n28, n38, n40, n41, n66, n71, n77, n78, n79)
- 5G NR mmWave (Bands n260, n261)
- FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32, 66, 71)
- TD-LTE (Bands 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48)
- CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz)
- UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
- GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- Smart Data mode: This new feature extends battery life by intelligently assessing 5G needs and balancing data usage, speed, and power in real time. If 5G network speed is slow, iPhone 12 can intelligently switch to 4G to save your phone’s battery life.
- A14 Bionic: A14 Bionic is the first chip in the smartphone industry built on 5-nanometer process. A14 Bionic has the fastest CPU and GPU by up to 50 percent compared to the fastest competing smartphone chips. A14 Bionic features a 16-core Neural Engine — for an 80 percent increase in performance — that is capable of completing 11 trillion operations per second.
- Ceramic Shield: The Ceramic Shield front cover, tougher than any smartphone glass, goes beyond glass and is infused with nano-ceramic crystals to dramatically improve toughness and increase drop performance by 4x.
- ProRAW: Apple ProRAW format combines Apple’s multiframe image processing and computational photography with the versatility of a RAW format. Users can experience full creative control over color, detail, and dynamic range natively on iPhone or with other professional photo editing apps.
- End-to-end Dolby Vision: Only devices in the world to enable an end-to-end experience for HDR video with Dolby Vision, up to 60 fps, and even better video stabilization. Dolby Vision grading is processed live and sustained during editing, whether in the Photos app or iMovie, and coming to Final Cut Pro X later this year.
- LiDAR: It delivers faster, more realistic AR experiences and improves autofocus by 6x in low-light scenes for more accuracy and reduced capture time in photos and videos.
- MagSafe: MagSafe delivers a unique experience to iPhone, featuring an array of magnets around the wireless charging coil, optimized for alignment and efficiency, that perfectly connects to iPhone every time.